区别辨析cry、weep与sob

用户头像
来自广西财经学院-商外院易班工作站发布于:2020-06-09 16:44:20

这3个动词均有“哭”之意。

cry : 普通用词。指因痛苦、悲哀或伤感等出声地哭。

  • I could hear someone crying in the next room.
    我能听见隔壁房间有人在哭。
  • "There, there, don't cry," she said.
    “好啦,好啦,别哭了,”她说道。
  • We all laughed until we cried.
    我们都大笑起来,直到笑出了眼泪。
  • She cried bitter tears when she got the letter.
    收到来信,她流下了痛苦的泪水。
  • He cried for joy when he heard that his son had been found alive and well.
    得知儿子安然无恙,他喜极而泣。

weep : 书面用词,指小哭或无声地哭,侧重流泪。

  • People in the street wept with joy when peace was announced.
    当宣布和平来临时,街上的人们喜极而泣。
  • He wept tears of rage/joy when he heard the news.
    听到这个消息,他生气得/高兴得流泪了。
  • She wept buckets (= cried a lot) when Paul left.
    保罗离开时她大哭了一场。

sob : 指抽泣、呜咽。

  • I found her sobbing in the bedroom because she'd broken her favourite doll.
    我看见她在卧室里抽泣,因为她弄坏了自己最心爱的娃娃。
  • You're not going to help matters by lying there sobbing!
    你躺在那里哭并不能解决问题!
点赞 (0) 回复
发布回复
点击图片